Peripera - Ink Mood Glowy Tint - 04 Pink Youth, 05 Cherry So What, 06 Plum Update - Review

These lip tints by Peripera are one of the first Korean lip products I have tried. Since they are all cool-toned, I thought it would suit me perfectly. All of the colors I am reviewing today are suitable for summer. We still have some weeks of summer left, so let's make the best of it. 


The packaging is amazingly steady and has a pretty design. I like the partly transparent cap and the elegant font, it feels modern, but also timeless. I also really like the applicator of these, they have a moderate thickness. I personally love slightly bigger applicators. 


Here are all of the shades swatched next to each other. From bottom to top it is 04 Pink Youth, 05 Cherry So What, 06 Plum Update. I will review them in that order. The last two shades were later added to the range.

I was really surprised with the quality of these, since they technically are in the drugstore price range. These woud outperform any L'oreal lip product, hands down. So if you like these type of products, and are on a budget, I cannot recommend them enough. 
One thing to mention is, that they have a candy-like fragrance. I only notice it when applying, not while wearing.
They all have a watery, non-sticky texture which feels cool on the lips when applied. 


04 Pink Youth is a medium cool-toned pink shade, which does not have much vibrance. It is really wearable and perfect for an everyday.


It shows up accordingly on my lips, it seems that it is similar to my lip color, only with more blue undertones. After all, these lip tints aren't too pigmented, and leave behind a very shiny, natural looking and long lasting glow. On the photos it might only look like a clear gloss has been applied to my lips, it reality it is a lightweight formula that even leaves a stain behind after using make up wipes.
After wearing these for about two hours, it feels like there is nothing on my lips, but it is still there. Compared to other Korean lip tints, for example the Juicy Lasting Tint by Romand, it is more lightweight and does not stain the lips as much.

Packaging: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Shade: 9/10
Finish: 10/10
Longevity: 6/10
Overall: 9,2 ⭐



05 Cherry So What is a cool-toned slightly muted red shade. It is not as bright as I would a cherry shade imagine to be. It is vibrant, but medium-dark. From the three, this has the least blue undertone in it.


On the lips, it shows up much pinker than expected, that is because the finish is sheer and the color of my lips adds to the color you see on the photos. Keep that in mind though, it will look very different on everyone, because it is not full-coverage. I personally like the shade very much, though I would have expected it to be more of a bright red.

Packaging: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Shade: 8/10
Finish: 10/10
Longevity: 6/10
Overall: 9 ⭐



06 Plum update is a very cool-toned muted plum shade. This has about the same vibrance as 05, only that it has more blue undertone in it. This is my type of shade, I like this the most. 


Writing this review, it was so difficult telling these two shades apart only from the photos. I felt a clear difference when I applied them, but on photos they look more similar. Since it is so confusing, I applied them next to each other on my lips again.


You can see here how 06 has more blue in it, and 05 is also slightly more vibrant. Upon first glance, they might look the same, however you can clearly see the difference now. 

Packaging: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Shade: 10/10
Finish: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Overall: 9,5 ⭐

Comments

Popular Posts