Chantecaille - Lip Chic - Tea Rose - Review

As I am recently getting more into cruelty-free beauty, I have made my first purchase from Chantecaille. It is their iconic Lip Chic in the shade Tea Rose.


It comes in a sustainable cardboard box. The lipstick itself has a quite slim tube, it only contains 2g of product. In comparison, the Rouge Coco Flash has 3g of product. Given the little pigment and wearability this lipstick holds, you might run out of it fast. 

It also has a heavy fragrance, a sweet one like vanilla. You can smell it upon opening already. However, I am sensitive to strong fragrances as they can overwhelm me, but I do not notice the smell of it when wearing on the lips. 




When I bought it, little did I know that I found the perfect mlbb (my lips but better) lipstick. It turns out to be just that. I could not find many other reviews of this shade to give me some insight. On the website they describe it as a "neutral pinky brown". To me, it is a neutral-toned, slightly muted rose. When considering that rose is between red and fuchsia in the color wheel, this feels more muted. I think it adds enough vibrancy to my face, I do not like very muted or too light colors on me as they seem to wear me out. This lipstick shade is a no-brainer, and it can go with both warm-toned and cool-toned make up. When zoomed out, doesn't it look like I am just wearing a sheer gloss? I really like the subtle liveliness it gives me.

The texture is really thick. I expected something like the Rouge Coco Flash, which is really really light and slippery. This one is so different and I like it much more. Because it is thicker, is hugs the lips more and blurs them a little like a gloss would. For the Rouge Coco Flash, I found that it obviously settled into the fine lines of the lips, on top of that, it will fade or slip so easily, as it does not have much grip. This is even more unfortunate because they are really pigmented. I personally would not like a pigmented lipstick to fade easily (so when I eat or drink, it looks like I am wearing only lip liner). And if it is pigmented, it cannot be easily reapplied without a mirror. I like the idea of a glossy lip stick, but for me, the Lip Chic wins at this. Due to its thick consistency, it lasts longer and can be reapplied without a mirror. It is buildable until a certain point (it does not get much more pigmented than what you see on the photos). You will not achieve the pigment of a Rouge Coco Flash with that. 

I like this formula and shade a lot and I recommend it for anyone who has been looking for shiny high end mlbb lipstick that is from a cruelty-free brand.

Packaging: 8/10
Application: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Shade: 9/10
Finish: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Overall: 9 ⭐


Comments