Chanel No 5 L'eau - Review

I am a true lover of Chanel fragrances. I am also a fan of the original No 5, but I will do my best to give a neutral review on No 5 L'eau.

It is marketed to be the "younger" version of the original. I kind of agree with that idea, although I would rather say that it smells like a summery version for it. This is because I do not believe that the original smells "old". Recently, I reach for this quite often.


As one could expect from Chanel, the bottle is supreme; it looks sophisticated and classy. The slight ivory color of the liquid really underlines this.

As for the smell; this is a citrus fragance. It smells to me like an unsweetened sparkly lemonade. I also notice a slight note of musk, which makes this powdery and clean. The aldehydes in this make this very sparkly. Aldehydes are something that were particularily used in vintage perfumes, it is not used often nowadays. The note of this is so strong in this perfume, and I would not want to miss it. I love how uplifting it smells. Apart from those notes, it is hard to pick up something else, so I will list all the notes here:

Top notes: Aldehydes, Lemon, Neroli, Orange, Bergamot, Lime
Middle notes: Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, May Rose
Base Notes: Musk, Orris Root, Cedar, Vanilla

I think this is a fragrance that works for srping and summer. I would only wear this during the daytime. Since it smells so elegant, I am more likely to wear this when I am dressed up, neat looking, and perhaps a bit formal. I will most likely wear white with this fragrance. I actually also wear this at home to relax, as I find this fragrance quite calming. This is really safe to use for work, perhaps any kind of job. It does not smell offensive at all. If you are sensitive to fragrances, you should give this a try. Since it is so light and inoffensive, the Sillage and Longevity is not the best. The is the only thing that I really do not like about this fragrance. But it can even be a good thing if you are someone who does not like very strong perfumes. 

Bottle: 10/10
Scent: 10/10
Sillage: 4/10
Longevity: 5/10
Overall: 7,25


Comments