Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Multi-Glow Highlighter - Romance Light - Review

I was really excited to try my first complexion product from Charlotte Tilbury. The brand is known for making universally flattering and natural looking products. The two Pillow Talk highlighters just fit into this image. I bought the lighter one in the shade Romance Light. The product is cruelty-free.



The packaging is stunningly beautiful. The outside of the compact itselt is iridescent. It contains a lot of product and feels heavy. Some may find it bulky. It also has a big mirror which I constantly use when I do my make up. 
While it may be pretty, it recently happened to me that the product as a whole fell out of the pan. It is still possible to put it back in and to use it normally. I did not even travel with it, I just put in in and out of my drawer and it happened eventually. It would have been nice if it came with a protection.



I swatched each shade on my arm. The first color (from down to up) is a pearly white shade. The second shade is closest to what the shades all look like blended together, though slightly warmer. The next shade is the most vibrant, a true peachy shade. The last shade is the only pink in there, a neutral-toned rosy pink. The last bigger swatch is all the shades mixed together, as one would usually use it. It is said to be a cool-toned nude pink color. While I think this counts as a pinky nude, I would say this is definitely warm toned, and it has a peachy vibe. It is still suitable for fair skin.

They overall have the same amount of shimmer. If you have fair skin, this is not a highlighter that will highlight with the pigment in it, since it is slightly darker than light skintones (what it is marketed for), but it will highlight with the glitter particles in it. The glitter particles are small but there are a lot. It somehow does not look tacky. When the light does not shine onto it, it looks like a blush. I personally like this kind of combination. That way, the glow looks natural and does not look layered.


I am wearing this in this photo. I am not wearing anything else on my cheeks. I personally like to go a little vibrant on my cheeks, but if you don't, you can totally wear this on its own, since it has just the right amount of pigment to show up on your cheeks elegantly. It is also easily buildable.

During the day, I found that it did not budge. The glow is present even after a long day and I feel delighted when I see the sparkles in my face in the reflection on the tram windows when I go home from university. 


Packaging: 4/10
Application: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Shade: 6/10
Finish: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Overall: 8,3 ⭐

Comments