Dior Rouge Dior Ultra Care Lipstick - 455 Flower - Review

Dior is really famous for their lip oil, which I am also a big fan of and use frequently. Some time ago, I was really interested in their Ultra care lipstick, because the color range is so natural. I liked Nr. 455 Flower the most. 



The packaging is beautiful. All shades have this beautiful red case. However, the lipstick itself is very thin, which makes it more fragile. Mine actually tore apart while applicating, but it is now problem at all to still use it. It is not too soft so it won't break from using it carefully from now. 



Especially, this shade is, I would say, a very warm-toned coral with more orange than pink. However, it is not too saturated, so it is still very wearable. It has such a natural look to it. I think this would be great for people with the color season of spring. 

One special thing about this lipstick is the flower oil. On the swatch you can see it shining on my arm. You can easily blend it in though, and it will add a slight shine. It does feel more comfortable and nourishing to the lips than other lipsticks with the same finish, that have also the approximately the same longevity, but it does not make up for lip care products. You definitely notice the flower oil smell-wise too. It is not too strong or sickly and when worn on the lips, you do not notice it anymore. If you do not like fragrance in lipsticks, perhaps you should still give this a try. 

It lasts really long on the lips. It does not fade easily even when you are eating. I found this quite surprising, since this lipstick is not highly pigmented or really dry. 



This is how it looks when I wear it. Recently I have cared a lot about color theory, so I mostly used cool-toned lipsticks. Although this might not be my most flattering shade, I still think it looks stunning when worn with the right cloting and complimentary make up. 

Packaging: 7/10
Application: 7/10
Texture: 8/10
Shade: 8/10
Finish: 9/10
Longevity: 9/10
Overall: 8 ⭐

Comments