Essence - Make Beauty Fun Lipgloss - 02 Happy Smile, Happy Life!, Cute As Shell Lip Tint - Review

In my opinion, lipglosses from Essence are that good, they can even be compared to those from luxury brands. Today I am reviewing two new lipglosses by them. Both of the products are vegan. When I saw them online, I thought they might be very similar, but it turns out they could not be more different. 



In the swatches above, I swatched Happy Smile, Happy Life! first, and the Cute As Shell Lip Tint on the right side, next to it. 

I will start with the Make Beauty Fun Lipgloss in the shade 02 Happy Smile, Happy Life!. This is part of a collection that celebrates their 20th anniversary. I haven't heard much about this online, and when I saw that it was limited edition, I ordered it. I have not seen it in my local drugstore so I recommend ordering it from their website


I took this photo after I have used this gloss a couple of times. The two shades do kind of mix together into one, but it seems that the pigment of the lilac color is stronger, so the peachy shade slowly fades. This does not make a difference when using it whatsoever, since it is so sheer.
The packaging is cute; it looks very different than the packaging from the Extreme Volume Shine Lipglosses. When it comes to being trendy, the Ombré look and the font is kind of giving 2016, but I still think it is pretty for what it is. 



I swatched it on my hand. It is very sheer, and a slight cool-toned pinkish color to it. It does not look lilac or peachy. As it can be seen in the tube, there are glitter particles in there, however, those hardly show up. When you apply it once, maybe only one or two glitter particles will end up on your lip. This is good news for people who like subtle looks. 


It looks so cute on the lips. It gives a slight hint of blue-based baby pink to my lips. This is also a plumping gloss. It tingles a lot, and I can feel that my lips look slightly bigger for a short time. I like plumping lipglosses a lot. This is incredible for that pricepoint. The finish is subtly glossy, and stays glossy for about an hour. After that it looks rather balmy, and the pigment stayed. This is no problem, you can reapply it without a mirror even. You should buy this if you like more of a subtle finish for a small amount of money. 

Packaging: 7/10
Application: 8/10
Texture: 9/10
Shade: 9/10
Finish: 8/10
Longevity: 6/10
Overall: 7,8 ⭐

Next is the Lip Tint from the Cute As Shell Collection, which isn't marked as limited edition on the website, but I still think it is limited. On the website is says it is both a lip tint and lip gloss. I would say it is a lip gloss that leaves behind a pink stain in a typical ph-reacting manner. I sometimes find that ph-reacting lip products look way too flashy, however this is not the case here. You still have to be prepared that it will not look exactly as rose-golden as it looks in the tube. 



I think this is a cute design for the summer. I was kind of surprised though, didn't ColourPop Cosmetics just recently launch their Opal Of My Eye collection, which has almost the same packaging and concept?? I am not mad though, in Germany it is hard to get your hands on anything from ColourPop without paying for high shipping and tax fees...


The difference with this one is that it is generally much more flashy; it has a ton of golden glitter particles, a pink stain, and the applicator gives off quite a generous amount of product. You should really like glitter if you want to buy this. 


Notice how it gives a flattering stain of pink to my lips. This is a very girly color. You might not see it on the pictures, but there is a lot of glitter in this. It is very noticable, you feel in on your lips and you see it too. It looks cute, but it feels uncomfortable, similar to sand. With the golden glitter particles, the pink shade again seems like rose gold. The color was again really popular in 2016, but it is still a pretty color overall. 
I would recommend this to people who like glitter! A lipgloss that has so much glitter is not really that common, so you should buy it if you want something unique. 

Packaging: -/10 (might be a copy from ColourPop cosmetics)
Application: 7/10
Texture: 4/10
Shade: 6/10
Finish: 8/10
Longevity: 9/10
Overall: 6,8 ⭐








Comments