Fenty Beauty Icon Semi-Matte Lipstick 05 Pose Queen, 06 Scholar Sista, 01 The MVP Swatches

Earlier this year Fenty Beauty came out with their take on a matte bullet lipstick. Fenty beauty is not only famous for their inclusive shade range, but also for their lip products, especially the Fenty Gloss Bomb. Accordingly, I had very high expectations for this release. 

The shade range of the Icon Semi-Matte Lipstick includes red and nude colors and I was able to test 3 popular shades. I swatched them on my wrist:



From left to right these are the shades: 05 Pose Queen, 06 Scholar Sista and 01 The MVP. The shade names themself already make an impression. As you can see, they are slightly shiny in the sunlight. On the lips, especially after a while, the finish is powdery-matte, but it is not drying to the lips at all. It honestly feels like the perfect finish to me. It is matte enough to stay in place, but it is not that matte that it sits in between fine lines or looks like  a thick coat. Yet another advantage of matte lipsticks is, that you can always make it shiny with a gloss.



05 Pose is a peachy warm-toned nude color. On my wrist it looks almost brown, but keep in mind that my inner wrist is so pale, and the sunlight might bring out the intensity of the colors. It is quite flattering and wearable for someone whose skin might be slightly warmer than mine. 



06 Scholar Sista is a dark brownish warm-toned pink. Although it is warm-toned, it does not look misplaced on my skin. It looks quite bold on me, but it is still flattering. I think this would be an easy reach during fall.


01 The MVP is a cool toned bright red. I get a hint of blue in there. This color is really surprising to me, because online it looks both warmer and darker. From all the shades, this is also the most pigmented. I like this color the most. 
 

I compared two shades with lipsticks from my collection that reminded me a bit of them.
From left to right: Mac - My Tweedy, Pose Queen, Rosso Valentino - 300R Born in Roma, The MVP.
My Tweedy is lighter than Pose Queen. Born in Roma is darker than The MVP.

Overall I am so satisfied with the quality of these lipsticks, especially at this price point. I strongly recommend you try it!





Comments