Lancôme L'Absolu Rouge Drama Matte - 388 Rose-Lancôme - Review

Very fitting for the hot girl summer, I think I discovered my ultimate hot pink lipstick. I was influenced by the Korean Youtuber Luchina, who said that it was her favorite hot pink lipstick. And she had tested a lot of them!

It is the Lancôme L'Ablolu Rouge Drama Matte in the shade 388 Rose Lancôme. Lancôme are famous for their vividly colored lipsticks. It is actually my first lipstick by them, so I did not know what to expect. But let me tell you, the quality of this is outstandingly good!

This is the perfect lipstick formula for people who expect excellent performance and want to make their money worth. 





The packaging is gorgeous. I like the black and gold color combination. The case is slimmer in the middle, so it can be held comfortably, and can be removed by pressing the top. It then opens up and can be completely removed, though a bit clumsily. The cap itself feels a bit fragile. 

Although it looks completely red in the tube, the color is a cool-toned medium fuchsia. It is densely pigmented, and very dry. This is not to say that it is drying, though I would recommend to keep your lips hydrated with other products in order to prevent chapped lips. Application can be a bit tricky due to the thick texture, but this is worth it for the results. 

Once it sits in place, it makes an absolutely beautiful impression. In the light, the color is brighter. Either way, it is an eye-catcher. It has a completely matte finish. It has great longevity and does not smear easily. It does stain the skin slightly. 


You can see my swatches here. That is how it looks when it is applied generously on my lips. The more you apply it, the redder it gets. I was surprised by how flattering it looked. I would have expected this color to be far too vivid if I applied it generously, but I ended up prefering it that way. 


This is how it looks when it is applied thinly, with a gradient lip. I like this result too, though it looks very different, doesn't it? It is a perfect  everday wear.


This is how it looks swacthed, when the sun is not directly shining at it (left) , and in the sunlight (right). 

I am overall really satisfied with this purchase and I will reach for it often in this summer. 


Packaging: 8/10
Application: 6/10
Texture: 8/10
Shade: 10/10
Finish: 9/10
Longevity: 10/10
Overall: 8,5 ⭐

Comments