Mac Powder Kiss Velvet Blur Slim Stick - Over The Taupe

I am a big fan of Mac lipsticks, especially the Powder kiss formula. The Powder Kiss Velvet Blur Slim Stick is the new variant in the Powder Kiss line, and it is way better than I had expected. It is truly an upgrade.


The first thing that changed is the packaging; the lipstick is long and has golden detailing. When I first saw this, I was not that intrigued, since I love the original classic packaging for Mac lipsticks. However, objectively, this new packaging is much prettier and perhaps even easier to handle. It also feels heavier and has overall better quality. 



Over The Taupe is a muddy brownish nude which has both cool and warm tones in it. It is probably more warm-toned. I think this will be universally flattering. I think this color is so complex and I feel like this will be a popular one. 

The finish is not as powdery and matte as the usual Powder Kiss lipsticks, this has a very slight shine to it, which makes sense because of how moisturizing it feels. Despite this, it is really long-lasting and does not fade easily from eating or drinking. Lasting power is something that was often critizised with the original Powder Kiss and I have to agree. Also, this really does blur my lips, it makes the creases in my lips less visible. This must really be my favorite formula by Mac so far because it has it all.

In terms of diversity, I wish that they had included more cool-toned shades in the range because this formula is to die for. I will definitely be trying Ruby New as well. 


This is how the shade looks on my lips. Those two photos are taken only a few seconds apart. I did not change anything except for the lighting. I think it is interesting how different the shade looks depending on the lighting.

Packaging: 9/10
Application: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Shade: 9/10
Finish: 10/10
Longevity: 9/10
Overall: 9,5⭐

Comments