Dior Forever Matte Foundation SPF 15 - 0N - Review

I am no fan of foundation and I do not like buying it. Of course I like having my imperfections covered, but I prefer that to having a cakey face. Since my face has a lot of texture, it is really likely to show up cakey on my face.

Up until now I have been using tinted moisturizers as a base. It takes me a long time to finish these, but when I did, I decided to try a foundation from a luxury brand. I prefer light to medium coverage, however, I cannot be picky, I just took whatever is a shade match for me. The lightest shade from the Les Beiges foundation by Chanel was too dark for me, just as I expected. However the Dior Forever Foundation turned out to be a perfect match, so I am very happy about it. 



The Dior Forever Foundation is a matte foundation that has medium coverage, that can be built up to full coverage. The finish is matte. It has a SPF of 15 and claims to be concentrated with floral skincare. That consists of mainly: Iris extract, wild pansy extract (hydrates) and rose extract (refines). The Iris pallida extract is said to prevent oxidation. It is said to be Clean, it has carefully selected ingredients. The packaging is partly made of recycled material. The bottle has an elegant and simplisitc design and a bottle made out of frosted glass. It contains 30ml. However, Dior does not offer refillables for their foundation.

Note that the SPF of 15 is not enough for protection of the sun. The SPF should be higher, and the amount of sunscreen in the product is too little. This foundation does not make up for daily your daily use of sunscreen.



This is how much one pump consists of. I used that amount on my face too and find it the most appropriate. 



I took a small amount from the pump to my arm to blend it out. You can see how it oxidises once I spread it on my skin. It blends out very evenly and easily and has a matte finish. It ends up being slightly darker than the skin on my inner arm, but it matches the skin on my face. 



Here you can see the result on my face, and compare it to my no make up face (left). Note that I did not apply anything on my forehead, or around my eyes, as I would usually apply concealer there. I was surprised to find out I can even apply it on my nose, that tends to get oily really fast. The foundation really is transfer-proof, it did not budge throughout the day, even though I did not apply any powder. It terms of mattifying, you would not need a powder for this foundation anyway. It claims to last 24 hours. I did not test it for that long, but it lasted throughout that time. I suppose it could even last longer than that. I highly recommend this for people with oily and combination skin. It is also good for summer, and really humid weather, as it can withstand that. I will be using this regurlary from now on. One pump already does so much, so it will last me a long time.

Packaging: 9/10
Application: 8/10
Texture: 9/10
Coverage: 10/10
Finish: 7/10
Longevity: 10/10
Overall: 8,8 ⭐


Comments