Chloé - Love Story EdP - Review

My mother recently gifted me this fragrance by Chloé. Surprisingly, this is my first fragrance by Chloé, even though feminine and powdery perfumes are my favorite. I recently wear this fragrance a lot. It is a no-brainer, and is suitable with almost any outfit, may it be formal or casual.

This perfume does not get the praise it deserves online, I will fix that. 



I love the classy bottle design for all Chloé fragrances. I love the shape of the glass and the little bow on the side. The negative thing is the quality of the bottles. The metal part rusts easily and the spray head is fastened too loosely.

This fragrance is predominantly floral and fresh. These are the notes:

Top Notes: Neroli, Pear, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Cape Gooseberry
Heart Notes: Orange Blossom, Stephanotis, Rose, Peach, Black Currant
Base Notes: Musk, Petitgrain, Cedarwood, Cashmirwood, Patchouli

Most of the floral notes are white florals, and they smell very classy. The strongest florals are definitely Neroli and Orange Blossom. I get a tiny hint of Rose too, but it is not too noticeable. Though this has many citrus notes, I would not say it is a citrus fragrance. Those notes lift up the fragrance and make it more youthful. It is still appropriate to wear for older women. It also is a tiny bit fruity and powdery. 

It is, all in all, a very friendly and light perfume, which is perfect for when you don't want to wear something overbearing. It is very likable and will offend no one. It smells clean and dainty. "Love Story" is a perfect name for it, it smells like what freshly falling in love would smell like. I think that it is most appropriate for spring, but I personally think it fits in the fall season at well. It is a perfect gift for someone who likes feminine and light fragrances. 

The fragrance is very light, I would even say it is a skin scent with not much projection. I think it matches the concept of the fragrance just fine. It is meant to be noticed by someone you are close to. It does not last long on my skin, maybe approximately 3 hours, which is a shame for the price. It is not surprising though, because a fresh fragrance does not usually last that long. 

Bottle: 6/10
Scent: 9/10
Sillage: 6/10
Longevity: 7/10
Overall: 7 



 

Comments