Clé de Peau Beauté - Eye Color Quad - Fairy Dust - Review

I don’t hear much about the Clé de Peau eyeshadows online. In fact, I’ve never heard anything about this particular variant. I was instantly drawn to the shades in Fairy Dust.

 









I think this is the most gorgeous packaging I’ve ever seen in an eyeshadow palette, it even exceeded my expectations. It’s steady and quite heavy. The outside of the palette case has a navy color that turns vibrant when turned to a certain angle and it has some edges on the surface that makes look like a crystal. 
It has a small button on the front that will open up the case safely. 
The mirror has a perfect size and it comes with two applicators that both have a different end. The applicators are on the cheap end, but they are bendy and appropriate for the lighter shadows that are quite glittery and would not quite show up when using a regular brush. I use those applicators whenever I use this palette because it is just convenient.
It also comes in a dust bag, which is nice, but it easily hold on to dust lol. 
The major downside is that this case must be bought separately, and it is quite pricey. Because of that, I see a lot of people using the refills on their own, which is quite impractical. I like the system of refills and I do believe that every make up item should be refillable, but offering a case separately for a high price when it is an absolute necessity is not a good solution. 



 
I really like the color story of this palette. For the Clé de Peau eyeshadow quads, I can generally see that each shade is created and selected carefully into the palette. 
In the pan all the shades look as if they are going to have a similar finish, bin in fact each of them is different.
The first shade is a warm-toned gold in a metallic finish. 
The second shade is a cool-toned dark purple in a matte finish. It is the only color that you can use for deepening the look, so it’s quite crucial. It is not the most trustworthy shadow, I would say it blends easily but it also fades easily if you overdo it (at least it fades evenly). It is quite convenient for me as I don’t like heavily pigmented shadows anyway.
The third shade is a slightly warm-toned champagne in a sparkle finish. It has subtle purple sparkles with in it that really align with the second shade. It is a true fairy dust kind of shade to me. It is also the sheerest shade of them all. 
The fourth shade is a slightly cool-toned gold shade with a shimmery finish, the glitter particles here are a little bigger than in the third shade.
The shadows claim to be hydrating and they contain Argan Oil. They definitely feel silky and comfortable, not at all drying



I was able to create a subtle dreamy look with it. I would have liked a little more pigment overall but in the other hand, this is really everyday-appropriate. I actually wear this regularly, although I like to add some shades from other palettes. 
The shades are not very long wearing, and the purple shade can turn a little more patchy after a while. With eyeshadow primer and setting spay they last decently throughout the day.
I recommend this quad if you like the color story, you do not like your eyeshadows to be super pigmented.

Packaging: 8/10
Application: 9/10
Texture: 10/10
Shades: 8/10
Finish: 9/10
Longevity: 8/10
Overall: 8,7 ⭐


Comments