Tom Ford - Eye Color Quad - 02 Chalet Lust

The holidays are getting closer and closer and that means it’s also the season of holiday make up collections. 

Tom Ford came out with two eyeshadow quads, and I’m reviewing one of them. It’s the shade Chalet Lust. Despite there being very mixed reviews do of this palette (mostly negative), I was still so tempted to buy it. It’s also my first Tom Ford eyeshadow quad, but I’m going to do my best reviewing it.





Different from the usual black, the eye color quad comes in a white color with silver detailing. Packaging wise, this is the highest quality I’ve ever seen for an eyeshadow palette. It’s heavy and sturdy, it has a large mirror and two small brushes.



Don’t you think the color story is so interesting? It’s perfectly suitable for a holiday LE.


When you swatch them directly, they are going to turn out very sheer. They are made to be used dry as well as wet. Since they are very sheer when used dry, I’d recommend using them wet.


The true color and finish comes out when you use them wet. By now you have probably noticed, that this is a glitter/topper palette. 
The first shade is a slightly warm-toned champagne in a metallic finish.
The second shade is a warm-toned gold with more of a sparkle finish, though not as sparkly as the following two shades.
The third shade is a cool-toned beige-ish silver with lots of sparkle. Depending on the lighting, there are some purple glitter particles that make the shade seem lavender at times. It’s the prettiest shade to me, unfortunately it does not show up that bc well on the lid.
The fourth shade is a dark warm-toned brown-ish gold with a sparkle finish. It is without a doubt the most pigmented shade out of the four.



I wouldn’t necessarily recommend using only toppers on your lid, but I did it for the sake of this review and I think it turned out beautifully. I love subtle shadows and Tom Ford made these shimmers look so sophisticated. I used all the shades wet. They are beginner friendly for the fact that they are not pigmented, they are also easily blendable. These are a no-brainer if you want a sophisticated topper shade for almost any eye look. During the day, they wear off slightly, as they do not stick that well to the lid. 

If you like subtle sparkly eyeshadows but you still want it to look classy and sophisticated, I recommend this palette. It is safe to say though, that you’re not going to be able to create dramatic looks with this palette. As for me, this is right up my alley and I know I’ll be getting good use out of this.

Packaging: 10/10
Application: 9/10
Texture: 10/10
Shades: 9/10
Finish: 7/10
Longevity: 7,5/10
Overall: 8,75 ⭐


















Comments