Givenchy Le Rouge Deep Velvet - 14 Rose Boisé, 25 Fuchsia Vibrant, 26 Framboise Velours - Review

 I got my hands on three shades of the Givenchy Le Rouge Deep Velvet lipsticks. I have had my eye on them for a while. I think they have such unique colors in their range.




From left to right. and from down to up in the second photo the shades are: 14 Rose Boisé, 25 Fuchsia Vibrant and 26 Framboise Verlours. I will review them in that order. They all come in the same packaging; which looks pretty but the material itself does not feel that steady. The cap is covered with a red "velvety" material, which feels cheap and is actually the type of material which will for sure pick up any kind of dust and dirt. I do not carry them around, and even at home I keep them in their original boxes. If you do have several shades of this lipstick, then I recommend keeping them in the boxes. It it easier to tell them apart and see the shade immediately before when you look at them. The cap can be removed by just pulling it up and holding the lipstick by the two metal pieces on the bottom that are sticking out. Doing that seems a little tricky at first, since the pieces are small and you do not notice much progress until it eventually opens up. It also does not look that nice when the cap is removed... On the other hand, the design is pretty and elegant looking. I generally do not mind the packaging much, and I am still so glad that I got them, but there is definitely room for improvement there. 




This is Nr. 14 Rose Boisé, the shade that got me interested in the lipsticks. It looks like a muted grape color. The special thing is that very cool-toned. On the swatch, I feel that it makes my complexion look grayer. It probably has little to no yellow in it. I only gravitate towards this color on a rainy or foggy day.
This is highly recommended for the Summer color type. From the three shades, this is the dryest. It does not apply that easily and velvety as the others. However, as for the texture, that does not make much difference in the end. The other thing is that is has less pigment than the others. That does not have to be a bad thing! It makes this shade the most wearable out of the three. Still, for the same lipstick range, the company should ensure all shades to have a similar finish.

I applied it on the inner parts of my lips and blended it out. I applied that same amount as I did for the other shades. You can see that this one looks less pigmented. I still like it. You could wear this to work or to school without being too flashy. As for the longevity, I would say that it is about average for that type of formula, it is not too drying after all. It does not stain the lips either, just as the other shades. 

Packaging: 6/10
Application: 7/10
Texture: 8/10
Shade: 9/10
Finish: 8/10
Longevity: 8/10
Overall: 7,7 ⭐


This is the shade Nr. 25 Fuchsia Vibrant. I first saw this in a Korean Youtube video, and the girl claimed that it was one of her favorite lipsticks. Now I cannot seem to find the video anymore, otherwise I would have credited her. I remember her saying that this is the perfect Vintage Fuchsia. I agree with it. It is not too vibrant, it is still very wearable, compared to the Rose Lancôme lipstick (which is actually very vibrant). This one applies smoothly like butter. 


Isn't this shade so pretty? This is not as cool-toned as the other two shades I find, so it is more of a safe buy if you do not know whether you are cool or warm-toned. Besides that, I find that cool-toned fuchsia looks really good on warmer-toned people too. It might not blend in as easily with your skin, but it could make a statement as almost like a sort of complimentary color.

Packaging: 6/10
Application: 9/10
Texture: 9/10
Shade: 9/10
Finish: 9/10
Longevity: 8/10
Overall: 8,3 ⭐



The last shade is Nr. 26 Framboise Verlours. I find the shade name to be very fitting, it really does look like raspberry velvet. I find this to be the kind of red that suits me that most. The texture and application is identical to Fuchsia vibrant. 


Before buying, I was a bit intimidated by how dark this looks. It turned out to be the color that I like the most now. It has the perfect amount of vibrance and is not too cool-toned. I highly recommend especially this shade for people of the color season of Summer and especially Winter. This would be a shade I will definitely repurchase. 

Packaging: 6/10
Application: 9/10
Texture: 9/10
Shade: 10/10
Finish: 9/10
Longevity: 8/10
Overall: 8,5 ⭐








Comments